Spring Rods. The Original - Only from WIDMER.
Spring rods produce spring tension through torsion springs. They can be used as drive or back pull entirely without requiring any electricity. Weights are released and moved horizontally and vertically.
At WIDMER, we began already in 1886 with the development, production, and distribution of this spring rod technology, and since then we have constantly perfected it. Due to numerous patents, WIDMER occupies by now a leading position on the spring rod market and is well-known all over the world.
Today, WIDMER produces spring rods with diameters ranging from 12 to 130 mm and a load from 1 to 200 kg. Of course, customized spring rod solutions are possible. Especially the large spring rods are silent friends in need when human muscle power or the power of a motor or gear is not sufficient.
There are numerous advantages:
- Completely mechanised spring force free of maintenance
- High level of vertical integration including springs produced by WIDMER
- Wide range of customised products
- All kind of additional equipment always available, therefore please contact us
- Custom-made design possible in any case
- Single-item production, small batches and high-volume production
- Possible customised mechanical load tests to guarantee endurance despite purpose or time of use
- Experience in various sectors with different requirements for over 130 years
- High quality pursuant to our certification DIN ISO 9001:2015
Exemplary fields of use of spring rods produced by WIDMER
WIDMER spring rods are suitable in many different areas, e.g.:
The standard use for WIDMER spring rods is in roller blinds. The spring rod, here also called blind roller, ensures optimal cloth stretching and rolls the fabric up thanks to its spring force. Especially for insect screen and sun protection roller blinds, WIDMER has developed a spring mechanic with an integrated brake mechanism, slowing the rolling up and thus simplifying the handling of the roller blind (see videos below). Of course, WIDMER spring rods and speed reducers can also be used for other horizontal or vertical shadings (e.g., awnings, roller shutters, etc.). In addition, WIDMER has recently introduced a so-called double spring rod that enables a maximum number of turns at a given tube width. The WIDMER spring rod is also utilized in roller systems for industrial use (e.g. protective covers for machines).
Rolling shutter gates and grills:
WIDMER spring rods either help you open large doors with small efforts, or they support installed electric motors. In either case,WIDMER spring rods reduce power consumption considerably.
Any type of cabinet with roller shutters can be opened and closed without any effort, thanks to WIDMER spring rods.
The operation of roller shutters, tarpaulins, or load area covers of any vehicle, WIDMER spring rods master every challenge.
Please find below further information about spring rod and speed reducer innovations from WIDMER
Our new releases
Of course we develop also customized solutions for special utilizations. Our experts are glad to advise you regarding the various possible uses of WIDMER spring rods.
As new customer you enjoy attractive newcomer conditions. Ask us.
- Here you can find our latest spring rods catalog with technical specifications for all models.